What is Media2Cloud on AWS?
Media2Cloud on AWS is a serverless solution built on the AWS platform that automates digital media content ingestion, analysis, and organization within the media supply chain. By leveraging AWS services like AWS Step Functions, AWS Lambda, Amazon S3, Amazon Rekognition, Amazon Transcribe, and Amazon Comprehend, Media2Cloud enables efficient cloud migration and management of digital assets.
4 Key Technical Components of Media2Cloud on AWS
- Ingestion Workflow: The ingestion workflow is initiated by uploading media files to an Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) bucket. AWS Lambda triggers the processing pipeline, which includes Amazon Rekognition and Amazon Transcribe for metadata extraction using machine learning. AWS Step Functions coordinate the overall workflow, ensuring the extracted metadata is indexed in Amazon OpenSearch Service for easy search and retrieval.
- Analysis Workflow: The analysis workflow is powered by AWS Lambda and Amazon AI services. Some examples include using Amazon Rekognition to verify identity with facial analysis, applying Amazon Transcribe to convert speech to text, and implementing Amazon Comprehend, a natural-language processing (NLP) service for sentiment analysis. The metadata is indexed in Amazon OpenSearch Service, allowing you to build custom applications for advanced media search and retrieval.
- Media Asset Management: Media2Cloud on AWS relies on Amazon S3 for storing media assets and their associated metadata. This provides a scalable, durable, and cost-effective storage solution, ensuring your digital assets are always accessible and protected as part of an effective media management system.
- AWS CloudFormation: Media2Cloud on AWS utilizes AWS CloudFormation to automate the deployment of the solution and its components. This makes deploying and configuring the solution easy, enabling you to focus on migrating and managing your digital assets.
7 Reasons to Migrate Your Media Archive to AWS
- Enhanced Data Protection: Storing valuable media assets on hard drives or old tapes poses significant risks, such as data loss due to hardware failure, damage, or obsolescence. By migrating to Media2Cloud on AWS, you safeguard your assets in a dependable and secure infrastructure with built-in redundancies, encryption, and access control mechanisms.
- Improved Accessibility and Collaboration: Migrating your media archive to AWS allows you to centralize your assets, making them easily accessible to teams across the globe. Without the limitations imposed by physical storage, you enhance collaboration, ensuring that the right content is available for the right people at the right time.
- Scalability and Flexibility: Media2Cloud on AWS offers virtually unlimited storage, allowing your media library to grow without constraints. Moreover, its flexible infrastructure accommodates changing business needs and technology advancements, so assets remain relevant and accessible long-term.
- Cost Efficiency: By migrating to Media2Cloud on AWS, you eliminate the overhead costs associated with maintaining physical storage infrastructure. With the pay-as-you-go model, you only pay for the storage and services you use, delivering to significant cost savings.
- Advanced AI-driven Workflows: Media2Cloud on AWS integrates with powerful AI-driven AWS services, such as Amazon Rekognition, Amazon Transcribe, and Amazon Comprehend. These services enable advanced workflows for image recognition and video analysis, speech-to-text conversion, and sentiment extraction, thereby unlocking new levels of value and insights from your media assets.
- Revenue Generation through Monetization of Assets: By enabling your team to search and find relevant assets easily, you maximize the utilization of your media library and monetize more of your content. This can include licensing, repurposing, or distributing previously underutilized assets, ultimately contributing to your organization's bottom line.
- AWS Migration Acceleration Program (MAP): AWS's MAP is designed to help organizations offset the costs associated with cloud migration. By participating in the program, you gain access to AWS credits, specialized training, and expert support to accelerate the migration process. This makes moving to Media2Cloud on AWS even more cost-effective and feasible for organizations of all sizes.
5 Ways 2nd Watch Can Help
As an experienced AWS Premier Partner, 2nd Watch can manage the entire Digital Archive Transformation and Migration process for you. Our team of experts handle all the heavy lifting, including leveraging specialized equipment to transfer your media assets from tapes or hard drives to the AWS Cloud. Our end-to-end migration services include the following:
- Assessment and Strategy Development: We analyze your existing media archive and develop a comprehensive migration strategy tailored to your organization's needs and goals.
- AWS Landing Zone Deployment: Managing the intricacies of AWS can be daunting. To adhere to best practices, we devised an architectural blueprint called the AWS Landing Zone. This framework creates a secure, multi-account, AWS environment that lays a robust foundation for media asset migration. As part of the Landing Zone, we can deploy a tailored and customized version of Media2Cloud solution on AWS with additional features to meet your specific requirements.
- Physical-to-Digital Migration: Our team handles the physical-to-digital conversion of your media assets using specialized equipment and best practices for a smooth and efficient transfer.
- Cloud Migration and Integration: Once your assets are digitized, we migrate them to Media2Cloud on AWS and integrate them with your existing systems and workflows.
- Optimization and Ongoing Support: After the migration is complete, we help optimize media workflows and provide ongoing support to ensure media assets remain secure, accessible, and valuable.
Digital Archive Transformation and Migration is a complex and technical process, but the benefits of adopting a solution like Media2Cloud on AWS are worth the effort. Leveraging the expertise of a trusted cloud partner like 2nd Watch guarantees a smooth transition to AWS, so your organization can fully harness the power of your digital assets. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you embrace the future of media management.
Does this stand for Oracle Time and Labor? If so, I don’t understand it being the accronym for Digital Archive Transformation and Migration. Wouldn’t that be (DATM)?